Know Before You Go: COVID Safety Protocols
We're excited to welcome you back to Music Hall! The health and safety of our audiences, artists and staff remains our top priority. Throughout the pandemic, the May Festival has monitored regional COVID data and followed the advice of our partners at TriHealth, as well as public health and government officials, to implement stringent safety protocols. We remain committed to monitoring and adjusting plans as conditions warrant. Thank you for playing your part to keep each other safe, and your flexibility and understanding as we continue to adapt to ever-changing circumstances.
Please take a moment to review the following information before your in-person event, and let us know if you have any questions or concerns: 513.381.3300 | email@example.com
IMPORTANT: Beginning September 6, all performers, musicians, guest artists, staff and audiences will be required to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or negative COVID test results for performances at Music Hall. This policy was made in cooperation with Cincinnati Arts Association (CAA) which operates Music Hall.
Before You Arrive
• Please self-assess your health before leaving home. If you have a fever, are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, or have recently been exposed to someone with COVID-19, please stay home and contact our Box Office.
• Proof of vaccination is required for entry into all events at Music Hall. Please bring your completed physical vaccination card, photo of your completed card or digital vaccination record. A corresponding photo ID will be required for individuals 18 years of age and older.
• Those who are unvaccinated (including children under the age of 12) will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID PCR test taken within 72 hours of entry to the building. A rapid antigen test administered within 24 hours of entry will also be accepted. Proof of negative test may be in digital form, such as a dated picture of negative COVID test result.
• Remember to bring your mask! Masks are required at all times (except when actively consuming food/beverage in designated areas), even when seated for the performance, regardless of vaccination or testing status until further notice.
• Children ages 6 and older are welcome at May Festival concerts. All children, regardless of age, must be able to stay in their assigned seat for the duration of the performance.
• Bring only minimal personal items with you to expedite safety screenings. Coat check will not be available. View a list of all prohibited items.
• Please review additional safety information from the Cincinnati Arts Association on their venue safety page and contact us in advance with any questions or concerns about your ability to abide by any of the policies outlined on this page.
Reserved Parking: Call 513.381.3300 to purchase parking (at cost) for $15 in the Washington Park Garage.
Additional Parking: Visit mayfestival.com/parking for a map of nearby parking and transportation options.
• Please note that valet parking and the accessibility shuttle will not be available during this time. A drop off lane is located on Elm Street for guests needing mobility assistance.
• The Town Center (CET) and Washington Park garages are both credit card only.
Your Concert Experience
Here’s what to expect when you get to Music Hall:
• Please have your mask on, assuring it covers your nose and mouth, prior to entering Music Hall.
• You will be asked to certify that you are not experiencing symptoms before passing through the safety screening.
• When entering the lobby area, please practice social distancing and avoid congregating with other audience members. Floor decals have been placed in areas where lines may form.
• You can expect shorter performances, 60-80 minutes in length, with no intermission to limit congregating in lobby spaces.
• The auditorium doors will be open and you may be asked to go directly to your seat.
• Concessions are available in Corbett Tower one hour prior to concerts. Masks are required throughout the venue except when seated and enjoying a beverage at socially distanced tables in Corbett Tower. Bottled water can also be purchased at the north foyer bar.
• Please remain in your assigned seat and do not move to another location. Seats have been assigned with proper physical distancing and safety in mind.
• Sanitization stations have been placed throughout the hall and doors will be propped open to limit contact with high-touch surfaces. Increased cleaning and sanitization of public spaces and high-touch surfaces is taking place before, during and after each event.
Following the Performance
• Congregating in the Foyer or meeting musicians backstage after the performance will not be allowed during this time.
We are committed to the health, safety and peace of mind of our audiences. If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, have been exposed to someone with COVID-19 or feel uncomfortable attending, please stay home and contact our Box Office for ticket options. We are happy to provide a solution that works for you.