Surround Yourself in Song
May 17, 2019
VAUGHAN WILLIAMS: Toward the Unknown Region
MARK SIMPSON: The Immortal (U.S. Premiere)
• Ideal for: Romantics, philosophers, wanderers—attend if you love great literary texts and experiencing the possibilities of the human voice.
• The May Festival presents the U.S. premiere of Mark Simpson's “blazingly original” work The Immortal, featuring Grammy winners Roomful of Teeth. Are you ready to hear what the spirits have to say?
• Don't miss your chance to hear Roomful of Teeth—their performance on May 15 is already sold out!
• The evening's exploration of the Great Unknown begins with evocative choral works by Brahms and Vaughan Williams.
• Tickets from only $14. First-timers have access to $10 tickets. Call the Box Office at 513.381.3300 to redeem first-timer tickets.
• Special young professional tickets: $20 gets you into the concert and includes admission to the It's in the Cards after-party in Wilks Studio. Open bar and complimentary tarot, palm, and medium readings await—if you dare. Limited tickets remain so purchase now!
What others are saying about Mark Simpson:
“It is so unfair. Mark Simpson, now in his late-twenties, is prodigiously gifted” - classicalsource.com
“Simpson’s music is full-on gothic extravagance.” - boosey.com
What others are saying about Roomful of Teeth:
“Music for the 21st Century” – The Nation
“Fiercely beautiful and bravely, utterly exposed.” - NPR
Join composer Mark Simpson and May Festival Associate Director of Choruses and Director of the Youth Chorus Matthew Swanson in Springer Auditorium one hour before the concert to get closer to the music with a pre-concert talk.
Concert duration: Approximately 1 hour and 50 minutes
COPYRIGHT 2019 - CINCINNATI MUSIC FESTIVAL ASSOCIATION